Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nov 10

-->
No internet last night so this is a day late.

November 10th, 2012.

Happy birthday, Ardie!!

Shiver me timbers!! T'was a very cold morning this morning! When I went outside to pull in the bumpers you could see my breath!! Tomorrow I will wear gloves as we have an anchor to pull in.

Today, was absolutely delightful. We were able to cross Albemarle Sound without any waves or problems at all due to there being no wind. In fact, the water was as smooth as a baby's bottom! From the Sound and into the Alligator River-Pungo River Canal which greeted us with smooth waters. We had several boats going through the canal in a convoy, several of which were from Canada. The sun shone brightly all day so warmed up the upper part of the boat to a temperature of 81 degrees. I actually was able to take off my heavy shirt and don a short sleeved top. The only disappointing part of the trip today was there were very few birds and no wildlife along the canal. We did see a cormorant standing on a log in the water drying his wings (wings outspread) but that was about all until we reached the Pungo River and saw a group of cormorants resting on a marker bouy.




Gary has been playing with his toys today and is trying to fathom out how to make full use of the navigation system and auto pilot. After playing with it for a while it began to beep which signalled man over board. After checking to make sure the cat was still with us we knew it was a false alarm cos I definitely had not fallen over board.

Tonight we are anchored off a creek in the Pungo River with no TV. We played the “Charlie's Angels” video which was awful. I am glad I did not pay to see it at the movies.

I owe everyone an apology. In earlier logs I have called the water way we are following the Inter- coastal Water. The correct name is the Intra-coastal Waterway. Sorry for the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment