Saturday, October 26, 2019

West Coast

Our journey continues. We thought this was an interesting road sign - a railroad running through a roundabout. My brother-in-law Galen, who loves roundabouts (not) would really love this one.


Again, some photos of the lovely scenery.




The hillsides were covered in either broom or gorse. You could not tell which plant it was until you got close enough to see it.

























One of the many one lane bridges.

The above photo and the one below show two native plants. The one above looks like Yucca but I do not think that is what it is. And the lower one shows a fern tree. I have never seen ferns grow so tall.

















\






Gary underneath a fern tree. You can see how tall they are and see the new shoots sprouting out from the middle of the plant.

We were stopped many times for roadworks. Most of the times a person controlled the flow of traffic. This one had an electronic signal indicating how long your wait would be.












I love the following photo. We had stopped for me to take a photo of the scenery when I noticed the shrubbery moving. When I looked down there was this lovely goat looking back up at me. He had a buddy but he ran away before I could take his photo.

Well, I have not said much on this blog as the scenery speaks for itself. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment